Communication to parents
Message to all parents – 18th September 2020
A few informative videos
Addendum to Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy (COVID-19 Addendum)
Protocols CFBL reopening (updated on 4th October 2020)
Plan d’action réouverture CFBL mis a jour 170920
Risk assessment CFBL 170920
Revised cleaning and sanitizing schedule
- What about the security at the gates?
- We are currently working on it.
- What about PE? Will our children wear a mask while running for example?
- Pupils will not wear masks outside or at the Dome during PE. A document will be released in the next protocols.
- What will you do if a teacher is absent ?
- Pupils will stay in their classroom. AED will take care of them.
- Comment respecter les bulles pendant la garderie ?
- Les groups seront organisés par niveaux avec sept niveaux différents et un adulte par niveau.
Les bulles ne se mélangeront pas car réparties dans différentes classes ou séparées dans la cantine.
- Dans quelle salles se tiendront les garderies ?
- Essentiellement en salle de restauration à partir de 15h45. En fonction du nombre d’élèves inscrits de 15h15 à 15h45, des salles de classes pourront être mises à disposition pour faciliter le bon fonctionnement de la garderie.
- Pour la ligue de football reprend-elle mais pas les autres clubs ?
- Les élèves inscrits à la ligue sont répartis par groupes de niveaux alors que les clubs sont ouverts pour différents niveaux.
- What are the roles of the parents?
- Parents will be involved to discipline their child(ren). If they notice any symptoms – a fever, or a new continuous cough, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia) – pupils should remain home
- Do my children need to wear a mask?
- Secondary pupils need to wear a mask. Although it is not mandatory by the British government, CFBL decided to follow the most restrictive rules between French and British governments. In that case, according to our class sizes, we will ask the secondary pupils to wear their masks inside the class room.
- How to choose a mask?
- Each family is free to bring the mask they want, paper or fabric made. Here’s the list of criteria to take into account when choosing a face covering mask:
We would recommend pupils to come to school with 2 face masks as well as 2 re-sealable zipper plastic bags or fabric pouches. The mask worn in the morning will be removed for lunch break and placed in one of the bag. After lunch, they will use their second mask – ‘clean mask’;Masks must be handled by the ties only.The school nurse will visit all classes next week in order to demonstrate good practice.
- please make sure your mask is big enough to ensure good coverage of your nose, mouth and chin; It must fit tightly, especially around the cheeks and nose
- some brands offer masks with an integrated wire over the nose bridge which helps with proper fitting
- regarding fabric face masks:
- ensure there is no seam in the middle of the mask (risk of micro-holes and droplets penetration)
- ensure the fabric is thick enough to block droplets, however, it should remain breathable. Cotton, polyester, silk or spandex are all suitable options
- look for multiple layers: 3 layers or 2 layers with disposable filter in between offer a maximum protection
- washable at 60°
- ties or elastics ear loops are both suitable options