Parents who have children currently attending CFBL will be invited to confirm the attendance of their child for the following school year.
Re-enrolment at CFBL can be done in 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: confirming re-registration
- Parents who have children currently attending CFBL are requested to confirm the attendance of their child by email Michèle Sahiri before the summer break. Failure to confirm their child’s attendance or failure to pay the £1000 advance on fees (step 2) will result in their child being removed from the School roll and their child will not be able to attend the school the following year.
- Step 2: paying the advance on fees
- Re-enrolment will only become effective after parents have paid the £1000 advance on fees. This advance cannot be paid back should the child fail to attend the school, no matter what the reason. Re-registration will only be possible if all the school fees for the previous year have been paid in full.
- Step 3: decision of the class committee
- After steps 1 and 2 have been completed, the child is registered for the following school year, but is not guaranteed to move up into the next year group. Moving up into the next year group is subject to the opinion of the conseil de cycle (primary) or conseil de classe (secondary), after they have consulted with the parents.
Transfer of pupils between accredited French schools in London
A student in an accredited French school (CFBL, Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle, Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill…) must pursue his or her schooling in that establishment until its completion.
Although parents are free to choose which school they originally want to enrol their child in, they cannot transfer their child to another accredited school before the student has completed his or her schooling in the first school without being granted permission by both Head Teachers, as well as by the French Embassy.
For students enrolled at CFBL, this means that they cannot transfer to another accredited French school in London without asking both Head Teachers and the Embassy for permission.
Pupils in 3ème at CFBL
Parents whose child is in 3ème at CFBL will be able to apply for a place at the Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill or at the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle in accordance with the registration criteria of each of those schools.
CFBL also prepares students for entry into the English educational system, or to go to another French school, whether in France or abroad.