CFBL is looking to recruit an Account Receivables Officer for the school year 2017-2018
Start date: Monday 25th September 2017
Contract: permanent – full time, 40 hours per week
The CFBL is an Independent School with a turnover of £5.5 million. The school fees represent 97% of the income invoiced to 450 families each term.
This role is part of the Accounting Team (5 members) and Account Receivables Officer works closely with the Chief Accountant to reconcile the billing & outstanding debts.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Accountant
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that the CFBL receives timely payment for its services and transactions are correctly recorded into the system.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To produce school term invoices for school fees and after school clubs
- Produce Pro Forma invoices & receipt for customers (Partner Company, parents & carers)
- Adjust billing based on the support received (French Scholarship Foundation, Bursaries, salary sacrifice etc)
- Allocate all payments received to the outstanding invoices
- Allocate payments received for pre – registration fees, Admin fees and record them accordingly
- Refund customer for overpayments and bursaries
- Chase payments of outstanding invoices by phone, email and face to face meeting
- Liaise with the Legal Manager to escalate critical case
- Setting payment terms for critical debt
- Manage the donation process from the French School Foundation (FSF)
- Produce monthly statement for customers
- Deal with customer queries in promptly manner
- Produce monthly Aged Debt report
- Reconcile bursary report
- Update the Credit Control policy with best practice
- Prepare term report for bad debt.
- Being aware of and complying with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Keeping information on the School, its staff or pupils and parents confidential.
- Attending and participating in meetings as required.
- Participating in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Undertaking any other duty or responsibility which may reasonably be requested by the Chief Financial Accountant
|Education (levels and subjects)||A level/Baccalauréat or equivalent||Studying towards ICM (Institute of Credit Management) or AAT (Association of Accounting Technician)|
|Specific technical/professional skills and experience||Bilingual French/English|
Excel: intermediate to advanced
|School Information Management System such as SIM, WCBS etc|
|Work experience, likely former job||2-year+ consistent Credit Control & Billing experience.|
|Specific interpersonal skills||Proactive|
Attention to details
Ability to work to deadlines
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the College Français Bilingue de Londres (CFBL); such flexibility is particularly important for this position. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the CFBL.