CFBL is looking to recruit a general assistant for a maternity leave cover – 12 months
Start date: Tuesday 1st May 2018
Contract – 12 months fixed term – Full time
REPORTS TO: The Head of Finance & Administration (“Directeur Administratif et Financier -DAF”) and the Chief Financial Accountant.
Main purpose of job
The purpose of the job is primarily to assist with the school’s general accounting function and with administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Finance and accounting
Working with the Chief Accountant or DAF on various accounting tasks such as:
- Reconciliation of bank statements by comparing statements to general ledger Prepare documentation requested for various audits
- Ensure that data are input into the system in timely fashion Serve as back-up for the account payable function when required
Working with and assisting the DAF:
- on ad hoc projects,
- to prepare analyses and other documents for meetings of the Board and of various school committees as required by DAF,
- to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spread sheets and databases and manipulate statistical data as
Performing general administrative tasks as required primarily by the DAF or Chief Accountant but also occasionally by other school managers (Head Teacher, Primary Head Teacher or their deputies and by the Legal Manager):
- Maintaining index and filing systems,
- Administering the school’s correspondence, paperwork and other clerical duties,
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information,
- Photocopying and reproducing documents, assisting other colleagues if required,
- Dealing with telephone & email enquiries as instructed by the DAF , answering telephone and relaying messages to them as required,
- Organising and booking school sports facilities, school visits and transport as required by the DAF and liaising with the Head of Sports or the teacher concerned as appropriate,
- Assisting the DAF in the administration and implementation of insurance contracts and the School Travel Plan.
Acting as cover for the school’s receptionist during her absences (primarily during lunch hour or in case of illness).
Being aware of and complying with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
Keeping information on the School, its staff or pupils and parents confidential. Attending and participating in meetings as required.
Participating in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
Undertaking any other duty or responsibility, which may reasonably be requested by the Chief Accountant or the DAF.
(levels and subjects)
|A level/Baccalauréat or|
|Studying towards AAT|
|Specific technical/professional skills and experience||Bilingual French/English Strong computer skills Excel: intermediate to advanced Microsoft package|
Good communication skills – including both written and verbal
|Work experience, likely|
|2 to 3 years’ proven experience in|
a similar role
|Specific managerial skills|
|Specific interpersonal skills||Detail oriented|
Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines High level of professionalism Flexible
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the College Français Bilingue de Londres (CFBL); such flexibility is particularly important for this position. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the CFBL.