Contract: permanent – full time, 40 hours per week
CFBL is an Independent School with an annual turnover of £5.5 million. The school fees represent 97% ofthe income invoiced to 450 families each term.
This role is part of the Accounting Team (4 members). The Account Receivables Officer, who reports directly tothe Chief Accountant, must ensure that school fees are billed to & then collected from parents on a timely basis &that appropriate action is taken to recover any outstanding debtors.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Accountant
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To ensure that CFBL receives timely payment for itsservices and transactions are correctly recorded into the system.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15 November 5pm.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACOUNTABILITIES:
- To produce invoices each term for school fees
- Produce Pro Forma invoices & process payments received from debtors (Partner Companies, parents & carers)
- Adjust billings based on any financial support received (French Scholarship Foundation, AEFE Bursaries, salary sacrifice for staff etc)
- Allocate all payments received to the outstanding invoices for each pupil
- Allocate payments received for registration fees & admin fees for new pupils & re-registration feeadvances for existing pupils and record them accordingly
- Refund customers for overpayments and transport bursariesCredit control
- Chase payments of outstanding invoices by phone, email and face to face meeting
- Liaise with the Chief Accountant, Legal Manager & DAF to escalate critical cases & where necessary set up Debtors Protocols
- Setting payment terms for critical debt
- Manage the donation process from the French School Foundation (FSF)
- Produce monthly statement for customers & annual proforma invoice where requested by parents
- Deal with customer queries in a prompt manner
- Produce monthly Aged Debtors report & propose accounting provisions for old debtors during the year end closing
- Reconcile the bursary report & provide the AEFE with information requested
- Update the Credit Control policy with best practice
- Prepare term report for bad debt.
- Being aware of and complying with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health andsafety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Keeping information on the School, its staff or pupils and parents confidential. Attending and participating in meetings as required.
- Participating in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Undertaking any other duty or responsibility which may reasonably be requested by the Chief FinancialAccountant
|Education (levels and subjects)||A level/Baccalauréat or equivalent||Studying towards ICM (Institute of Credit Management) or AAT ( Association of Accounting Technician)|
|Specific technical/professional skills and experience||Excellent written French & English Bilingual French/ English|
Excel: intermediate to advanced
|School Information Management System such as SIM, WCBS etc|
|Work experience, likely former job||2-year+ consistent Credit Control & Billing experience.|
|Specific interpersonal skills||Proactive Attention to detail|
Ability to work to deadlines Flexible
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team