Entirely designed, produced and presented by the students themselves, Radio Récré, CFBL’s bilingual radio, teaches students public speaking and helps develop their self-confidence.
Radio Récré broadcasts special reports, interviews, games, songs and many other topics. The programmes are available on Soundcloud and the CFBL website, but are also broadcast each month by French Radio London, the biggest French radio station in the UK.
Our listeners are CFBL students during school time, but also families and anyone wishing to listen and discover our bilingual shows.
This project is supported by CFBL Parents.
Why have a school radio?
School radios are a great learning tool, and pursue the following learning objectives:
- Improving mastery of oral and written language skills, diversifying language situations through the use of radio.
- Expressing ideas in authentic communication situations.
- Anchoring itself in the social and cultural fabric of the neighborhood and the city.
- Developing debating skills.
- Becoming an informed user of the media.
- Knowing how to use all the various resources to design and produce radio sequences (documentary reading, listening, writing, voice work, …).
Programme 54 – 21 January 2019
This programme presented by CM1 students features:
- New Year’s resolutions by CP, CE1 and 4ème students
- “Zero Waste” by CP students
- GSM – December concert
- GSM – Castle School
- GSM – Windsor Castle visit
- Musicali: a game presented by CM1 students
- Wednesday Lunch Jams- 19 December 2018
- CM1 Book Club
- Mathematics riddle
- Special report by 3ème students on children’s rights (in Spanish class)