Entirely designed, produced and presented by the students themselves, Radio Récré, CFBL’s bilingual radio, teaches students public speaking and helps develop their self-confidence.
Radio Récré broadcasts special reports, interviews, games, songs and many other topics. The programmes are available on Soundcloud and the CFBL website, but are also broadcast each month by French Radio London, the biggest French radio station in the UK.
Our listeners are CFBL students during school time, but also families and anyone wishing to listen and discover our bilingual shows.
This project is supported by CFBL Parents.
Why have a school radio?
School radios are a great learning tool, and pursue the following learning objectives:
- Improving mastery of oral and written language skills, diversifying language situations through the use of radio.
- Expressing ideas in authentic communication situations.
- Anchoring itself in the social and cultural fabric of the neighborhood and the city.
- Developing debating skills.
- Becoming an informed user of the media.
- Knowing how to use all the various resources to design and produce radio sequences (documentary reading, listening, writing, voice work, …).
Programme 40, 8 December 2017
New school year, new format! Check it out below.
This show features :
- Special report: the GSMs’ visit to Windsor
- Story writing: CE2 have written a parody based on Cinderella
- The world as seen by CFBL: national and international news by 5ème students
- CFBL news by 4ème students
- Musicali: the trumpet – with a special interview of Marius Gicquello, Music teacher – lucky draw by CM1 students
- CFBL’art: Dadaism by CM2 students
- Mathematical riddles by 5ème students
- History with a capital H: Gandhi by the 5ème students
- + a few musical surprises