Primary school library
Located in a small building by the secondary school playground, the primary school library contains over 5,500 books and periodicals, in both French and in English.
In addition to its subscriptions to 14 magazines, in French and in English, suitable for children aged 5 to 11, the library also contains works of fiction (novels, stories, poetry, plays, cartoons & albums) et reference documents.
The Primary library provides the following services:
- Lending of books for students and teachers
- Supporting and deepening of “pleasure reading” by participating in literary prizes, hosting authors / illustrators, organising reading workshops
- Supporting and deepening of retrieval method by entertainment and educational activities.
Opening Hours for Pupils
The library is open during term time on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
All Primary pupils visit the library in half class groups:
- GSM, CP and CE1 spend 45 minutes each week in library class
- CE2, CM1 and CM2 spend 45 minutes fortnightly in library class
Moreover, the library is available to pupils (CE1 to CM2) to visit on their own during morning and afternoon breaks.
To find out more about the primary school library and access its catalogue, please visit the primary school library website.
Secondary school library
The secondary school library (or CDI in French) is located on CFBL’s 2nd floor in a large, comfortable, well-lit room. It is a workspace, used for reading & research, open to pupils, teachers and CFBL’s other staff. It is run by a teacher-librarian who welcomes users & advises & guides them in their studies.
The school library is:
- a resource centre where users can:consult and borrownovels, stories, newspapers, cartoons, poetry & plays, documentary books,
- magazines (“Le Monde des Ados”, “Today in English”, “Histoire junior”…),
- dictionaries & encyclopaedias, text books, reference books, exam papers,
- digital & audio-visual resources (le Site TV), careers documents (Kiosque ONISEP)
- documents for teachers & other staff (reports, curriculum),
consult the internet & e-sidoc,
- a place for training: to acquire research skills, to develop pupils’ initiative…
- a place for cultural exchange: to encourage reading, partnerships, cultural activities, exhibitions, other projects…
The school library is equipped with 7 computers and a printer.
Pupils can use the school library at various times during the day (lunchbreak, playtimes …) or with a teacher or the librarian during a lesson.
Monday : 8.30am-12.15pm, 1.15-5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday : 8.30am-5pm (4.05pm on Fridays)
To find out more about the library and access its catalogue, please visit please visit the secondary school library website.