Collège Français Bilingue de Londres opened in 2011 and now educates 700 French-speaking pupils and students aged from 5 to 15 years old.
Tolerance and openness are central to CFBL’s philosophy and permeate our community comprising some 35 different nationalities.
Our school is located in Camden, in central London, and provides students with an excellent education, underpinned by a special commitment to language learning and digital culture.
Our students are nurtured in a welcoming environment where they can discover the joys of learning, supported by attentive teaching staff whose approach is based on mutual trust and respect.
Our students are encouraged to interact, be creative and take initiatives in our multicultural environment, in which they can acquire academic knowledge and also develop the human, relational qualities which will guide them through their years at school and beyond.
At the end of their schooling at CFBL, our students move on to a French lycée in London (mainly the Lycée International Winston Churchill, but also the Lycée Charles de Gaulle) or another school in France or overseas. Some students continue in the English educational system.
CFBL’s mission is to provide students with the best of French educational culture, while preparing them for life in the modern world by giving them a bilingual, multicultural education.
We aim in particular to:
- deliver a bilingual and bi-cultural education to French-speaking pupils.
- foster academic excellence by following the French curriculum as set out by the French Éducation Nationale whilst at the same time realising the full potential of each child.
- give advice and help to pupils, as well as their families, in order to help them realise the best possible educational path.
- promote the personal development of the pupils by offering them as wide a choice as possible of group and individual activities within the fields of art, culture and sport and to this end, to promote extra-curricular activities.
- prepare pupils for their entry into the upper secondary section of the French Lycée or help pupils transfer into the English education sytem.
- teach pupils to respect and embrace the richness and cultural diversity which CFBL offers.
Ethos and Aims
The development of pupils is at the heart of the teaching at CFBL.
CFBL offers the best of French education and attaches particular importance to their well-being, personal development and their ability to work together.
Our bilingual and bi-cultural project allows for the teaching of other languages and the discovery of other cultures. Nurturing multiculturalism is at the heart of CFBL’s educational project.
CFBL keeps up with the times – and the needs of the digital generation – with the latest IT systems and software.
The school’s overall project is reviewed by the AEFE.
CFBL is housed in a listed Victorian school building designed by Edward Robert Robson in 1874 and completely refurbished in 2010. The school has several different areas specially designed for innovative teaching practices.
The maximum capacity is 700 students which means the school is on a human scale and allows everyone to thrive in a warm and friendly atmosphere, which is conducive to well-being and effective learning. Students are close to the entire teaching team and have a constant dialogue with their teachers.
The CFBL is located in Kentish Town, North West London, in the highly sought-after borough of Camden, surrounded by three magnificent parks: Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill and Regent’s Park.
Kentish Town is a family-friendly neighbourhood with good public transport connections and near to King’s Cross Saint Pancras International railway station.
A large French community has long been established in Camden, which makes it easier for new families to settle there.